10 Things You Can Do to Get Gigabit Internet for Your Community
Want to get gigabit Internet for your Pennsylvania community? High-speed Internet is no longer something that’s nice to have. It’s a necessity in the twenty-first century.
Fast, reliable, and affordable Internet gives residents of communities, community service organizations such as libraries, and businesses the bandwidth necessary to complete many tasks of daily living.
High-speed Internet access provides the following incentive opportunities:
- Economic development: The availability of a high-speed Internet connection can spur businesses and companies to invest in communities, bringing job opportunities to areas.
- Attract talent: Professional talent is in demand in cities across the country. The presence of high-speed Internet can be a powerful incentive for professionals who want to use the power of an Internet connection to further their career opportunities.
- Promote entrepreneurship: The presence of a gig symbolizes industry and innovation. Entrepreneurs who want to invent a new product or provide a new service, for example, find the appeal of high-speed Internet conducive to jumpstarting creative thinking.
Discover ten things you can do to get gigabit Internet for your community.
What Can I Do to Get Gigabit Internet for My Community?
Getting gigabit Internet in Doylestown, Ephrata, Gettysburg, Hanover, Lancaster, Pottstown, Reading, and York takes each person’s cooperation in a community. Below are some ways you can play a part in the Gigabit Revolution:
- Demonstrate demand: Get people in your community talking about high-speed Internet. Get them thinking about what ways they could use this technology in their businesses and neighborhoods.
- Educate, excite, and inspire: Be the champions for gigabit Internet. Tell people what gigabit Internet is, why it’s important, and what it can do for their lives.
- Talk to technology leaders in your community: These individuals should be eager to participate in communicating the importance of high-speed gigabit Internet.
- Meet with the educators: Work with your child’s school, educational resources like LIUs, and other centers for learning. Education is at the forefront of this Gigabit Revolution.
- Engage with entrepreneurs: Who better to embrace bold ideas and even bolder plans of action? Seek out the innovators living and working in your neighborhood.
- Attend a free GIG REV meeting in your community: At these meetings, you may meet people who live and work in your town that you haven’t met before. They have ideas to share about what Lancaster or Pottstown, for example, could become with gigabit Internet access.
- Host your own gigabit awareness events: Drum up interest at your rec center or turn a community co-working space into a place to share ideas.
- Contact your elected officials: We’ve collected contacts for elected officials in your south-central and eastern Pennsylvania community. Use these contacts to reach out to the people who need to hear from you. Let them know why gigabit access is important to you, now, as a member of the district they represent.
- Partner with GIG REV on awareness outreach: You don’t have to do it all. Let us get a gigabit conversation going or continue the conversation for you.
- Follow GIG REV on social media: We’ll keep you updated on important news and events for upcoming meetings and presentations, plus share news about what people like you are doing to prepare for a gigabit future for Pennsylvania.
A Word of Thanks…
It’s been an unbelievable nine months since we launched GIG REV, and we can’t express our thanks to everyone in Adams, Berks, Bucks, Lancaster, Montgomery, and York counties who have championed GIG REV in their cities and towns. Through your encouragement and continued interest, we can make our part of Pennsylvania a center for growth, innovation, and opportunity.